If you have already the required password you may proceed to download the source code, which is distributed through our GitLab server.
Precompiled binaries for previous versions are available, but not yet for v2.1.
Obtaining a license
For non-commercial purposes there is no charge to obtain CFOUR for academic users (individuals, universities, research institutes); one must simply sign a license agreement. This license form can be downloaded from here:
Please print and sign the license agreement (without modifications). Then send the signed license agreement via regular mail to
Professor Dr. Jürgen Gauss
Institut für Physikalische Chemie
The password for downloading the public version of CFOUR will be provided after the license form has been received via regular mail or fax.
- Non-academic users should contact firstname.lastname@example.org concerning availability of the program package.
- For academic users the license terms are not negotiable. This also applies for universities, research institutes, and computer centers.
- Emails containing license agreements cannot be accepted for legal reasons and will be ignored or directly deleted.
- NO license will be provided to those who do NOT include their email address on the license form, the same applies for illegible email addresses.
- Alternatively to regular mail, the signed license agreement may be faxed to the following fax number: +49 6131 3923895 . In case the fax number does not work from your location, please send your signed license agreement by regular mail. There is NO alternative to this. Again, emails containing scanned license agreements cannot be accepted for legal reasons and will be directly deleted.
- In case of further questions concerning the license agreement, please do not send an email to the CFOUR mailing list but directly contact email@example.com.